Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I love Running!

I am still working on this blog as it is new.  Please bear with me.  :)




This has been a very interesting week of running.  First the bulldog I met on the trail and then the snake by the river. And then there was the prisoner today! But I am beginning at the end. So let me recap just a bit.

Hubby and I began running 12 weeks ago using the couch to 5 k program. 

When I first began, I thought I would die just running 60 seconds.  Now I can run 5 miles.  I am slow, mind you, but I can run 5 miles.  I read some of your blogs as you record your marathons and ultras.  I realize that 5 miles is piddly.  However, I never thought in a million years that I could even run 1/2 mile. 

My sweet Hubby has a knee injury and is seeing the chiropractor.  He is not able to run at the moment.  I have told him that when he begins to run again, I will train with him while he builds back up, in addition to my regular training. In the meantime, he goes with me and walks. I try to remain in his sight by running ahead of him and then running back past him.  He teases me about running circles around him. I really miss running with him.

I plan to write a more detailed introduction in a later post.

My love for, and faith in the God of Israel is the most important thing to me. I strive to serve Him daily and to honor Him in all that I do. I fail miserably every day but He loves me and forgives me in spite of it all.  Next on the list, is my family.

Running has done wonderful things for me.  Most of all it is just plain fun.  I am thankful that I have found this wonderful sport.

So far, running trails is my favorite.  I love to run in the woods along the river.  It has its challenges, mind you!  Saturday, I ran a little side trail away from hubby and I was surprised by a bulldog!  This was 53 minutes into my run so I thought I was tired.....until I saw the bulldog.  I sprinted back to hubby in record time.

Strangely enough, toward the end of my run on Sunday, I was running by the river and saw a huge ugly snake!  By the time I saw it, it was too late to stop or go around it.  So...I jumped it!  I am very thankful that I was not bitten.  We do have snakes in Alabama on sunny January days but thankfully they move very slowly when it is a bit colder.

Today, I ran at the track on base. I had a bad experience with a prisoner that was mowing the grass..er dirt!  Again, this was close to the end of a run.  I had to sprint very fast to outrun the dirt and rocks that were being sprayed on me by the mower.  ARG!  This made for very difficult breathing.  The humidity was already at 80%  Is it just me or does high humidity make it harder to breathe when one runs?

No comments:

Post a Comment