Friday, January 20, 2012

Last Nights Run

Yesterday, I did not think I was going to be able to run due to other committments.  I had run for two days straight. Since I am a newbie runner, I think I am only supposed to run every other day. I love to run, though and got a little carried away.

Yesterday was a beautiful, sunny day. It was perfect for the baby to get some fresh air and sunshine. Since I didn't think I was going to run, I decided to make a workout including the baby(mancub).  I put him in his wagon and pulled him up and down hills for 40 minutes nonstop.  I walked forward with both hands behind me holding the wagon handle. It was a great workout.  I worked and he was out!  Surprisingly, I have a couple of muscles in my arms that let me know they are there.  They are just whispering, but they are there.

My hubby surprised me by saying that he would like to walk at the track after work.  He was working late, therefore  I was not expecting this.  I was pleasantly surprised and quickly agreed to his plan. I changed into my running clothes so I would be ready when he arrived home.

After driving into town, we arrived the track.  The first three miles were fine.  Then I began having a pain that seemed to radiate from the inside of my left ankle up into the inside of my calf muscle.  That had happened once before a few weeks ago.  I found that I could run backwards for about 20 feet and it wouldn't hurt for awhile.  About a half mile later, I would have to run backwards again and then be ok for awhile.  In the last half mile I got another stitch in my side.  Sometime in that last mile, my right heel began to hurt.  This has happened before with both heels.  Today they are sore.  I am not sure what causes this but I used to have this problem when I danced alot. I am thinking that when I worked out on the hills earlier, it made them vulnerable to strain for my run later that night. This was the first time that my legs were a little sore after running. Again, I am sure it was the workout I did earlier in the day that set me up to be sore. :) I also ran 3 days in a row.  I did that before with no problem but I wasn't running as far as I am now.  5 miles is a long way for me even though many people run much, much further.

It was a wonderful 5 mile run. I did have a couple of problems but it was a great run!

I am taking a rest day to rest these heels of mine as they are very sore.

Hubby is still walking while he nurses his knee injury.  I am so proud of him for sticking with the walking when I know he wants to run.

Oh yeah, today he bought me a pair of running gloves, a long sleeve tech shirt, a short sleeve tech shirt and a tech hoodie!  We found a great deal on them!  I am so excited to be building my running wardrobe as I am building my miles.  I have the best hubby in the whole wide world!

Keep running!
Cammy

No comments:

Post a Comment