Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Running Cold

I had a great run tonight even though it was so cold!  It was not a planned run.  Hubby is nursing an injured knee and he felt the need to walk.  We decided to meet at his office and then go the track for a workout.

I ran only 3 miles but I ran it almost 2 minutes per mile faster than my regular pace.  Yesterday , I shaved 7 minutes off a 5 mile run.

It was cold, crisp and 41 degrees.  I could have kept running after 3 miles of course,but I had decided ahead of time to keep it to 3 miles.  My heels were bothering me a bit and I do NOT want to injure myself.  Remember, I am still a newbie.

There were a few people running tonight, probably due to the cold.  Yes, 41 is very cold for us tropical orchids in the South. Thank God for coldgear!  I was reading a blog post tonight where one girl was running in 10 degree weather. I am sure 41 would be like a summer day to her.  It really is all about what you compare.

Afterwards we went out to dinner for baked chicken with tons of vegetables and a piece of cornbread.  YUM YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment